Sustainability Performance Targets (2022 And Beyond)
We at REDA Chemicals are committed to integrating sustainability into all strategic, tactical, and operational facets of our business activities. We understand the importance of effectively and diligently implementing policies that prioritize the well-being and health of our communities and environment while also maintaining economic growth and prosperity.
Our sustainability plan covers all essential elements of environmental, economic, social, and governance (ESG) aspects of our operations with the goal of aligning related processes with the principles of the circular economy.
As we embark on our Sustainability journey, we are committed to embracing the following actions and principles:
● Ensuring our products are produced, packaged, labeled, and dispatched as per local and international legislation.
● Employing individuals from diverse backgrounds, contributing towards achieving gender equality and promoting human rights according to relevant legislation and best practices.
● Providing sufficient training to our employees on the importance of and the means to achieving our sustainability/ ESG goals.
● Resolve to comply with all applicable local and international legal requirements (related to all ESG elements) and conduct our operations as per the appropriate industry codes of conduct. In locations where local regulations do not exist or are not aligned with internationally recognized regulations, we will exceed local requirements and comply with international standards.
● Managing and minimizing the impact of our operations on energy consumption, water, and other natural resource usages. Strive to control our waste generation and use innovation to reduce and recycle our waste.
● Continuous review of our ESG action plans, initiatives, and linked processes to evaluate and stimulate improvement.
● Maintaining a corporate governance structure that ensures systematic management of sustainability on each hierarchical level of our business operations.
● Deployment of environmental-friendly practices with a strong emphasis on preserving natural resources.
● Contributing to the prosperity of our host communities and betterment of health and well-being in the areas where we operate.
● Communicating all sustainability relevant information – including this statement – with our employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders.
● Preparing and reviewing annual sustainability key performance indicators (KPIs) encompassing all applicable ESG elements.
● Striving to contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in our sustainability action plans by linking our KPIs with the relevant SDGs.
Sustainability is central to our decision-making process on every level in our organization. This will be reflected in our performances against the auditable KPIs linked with SDGs.
Principles Of Responsible Care®
Our industry creates products and services that make life better for people around the world – both today and tomorrow. The benefits of our industry are accompanied by enduring commitments to Responsible Care® in the management of chemicals worldwide. We will make continuous progress toward the vision of no accidents, injuries, or harm to the environment and will report our health, safety, and environmental performance. We will lead our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy, and the environment while adhering to the following principles:
● To seek and incorporate public input regarding our products and operations.
● To provide chemicals that can be manufactured, transported, used, and disposed of safely.
● To make health, safety, the environment, and resource conservation critical considerations for all new and existing products and processes.
● To provide information on health or environmental risks and pursue protective measures for employees, the public, and other key stakeholders.
● To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors, and contractors to foster the safe use, transport, and disposal of chemicals.
● To operate our facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public.
● To support education and research on the health, safety, and environmental effects of our products and processes.
● To work with others to resolve problems associated with past handling and disposal practices.
● To lead in the development of responsible laws, regulations, and standards that safeguard the community, workplace, and environment.
● To practice Responsible Care® by encouraging and assisting others in adhering to these principles and practices.
Creating A Positive Impact Responsibly To Build A Sustainable Future